Thursday, August 26, 2004

Grace "The Tongue" Duck

Greetings all!

I've posted a few pictures above, but it seems that every time I try to snap a shot lately Grace's tongue is hanging out! She's got this to-the-side thing going on a la the Michael Jordan slam-dunk look. What can I say? Also, the Stage 3 Foods didn't last long. The three nights we tried them she required a whole-body hose-down after dinner. "Eat it or wear it!" as we used to say!!!

Anyway, other than that this week she seems to be battling the ragweed here and it's making for some sleepless nights for all of us. Hopefully the medicine the Dr. prescribed will help to dry her up.

In other news, our next door neighbor said that his dog cornered a Coral snake on their porch recently. For information on them, check out this link http://www.enature.com/fieldguide/showSpeciesGS.asp?curGroupID=7&searchText=coral+snake&curPageNum=3&recnum=AR0642. They're common in the area, but this is the closest one we've heard about. I will need to look into my own cowboy boots soon because I suspect my normal flip-flops won't offer much protection in this case. Geez, who thought that a scorpion sting would ever be the LESSER of two evils?!?!

Cheers-
The Texas Ducks