Sunday, January 02, 2005

Hello Again!

Hi from the road!

We're in Batavia for another week on our long and seemingly never-ending trip to our new home in Madison. We did go up for a visit the other day. The house that Brandon has chosen is lovely and I think we will feel at home there. I won't go into details about the breakdown I had while we were driving around, but over time I'm sure I'll see how everyone else thinks Madison is "just like Austin." For now though I'm having a hard time seeing the forest through the trees...so to speak.

I'm adjusting to the cold and even bought a winter coat the other day. It's warm and stylish, which were both important criteria in choosing new outerwear. I'm still working on the shoe situation though. Grace on the other hand doesn't seem to even really notice that we've left our warmer home, or she doesn't understand the permanence of the situation. She enjoyed running around the new house and checking out all the nooks and crannies.

Lucky is still plugging along. She's a bit disgruntled about having to live in the basement, but again, doesn't understand that the other option (according to Brandon) was being set free in our backyard in Austin.

Alright, that's the news for now. Hope everyone's holidays were smashing and that you've all survived!
Cheers and love-