Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Free at Last, Free at Last, Thank God Almighty, I Was Free at Last!

I escaped tonight for the first time in two days.

That's a record for me. I leave the house at least once a day normally and twice a day on good days, however with the ongoing saga of poop and crabbiness by one, Amazing Grace, I have been kept prisoner in my own home.

But tonight all that ended.

I have been collecting the best list ever for a Target run, here are the highlights of the evening:
* 78 cents for two bags of Starburst suckers for Papa Duck's desk at work
* A really cute teether for Peanut (Easter clearance section...which I cannot describe further other than to say, I actually bought two and depending on what Peanut turns out to be, one of my lucky, loyal, pregnant readers will be receiving the other one!)
* Basket for all of Peanut's baby-baby toys (to keep them separated from the "Big Kid" toys that are Miss Grace's (God I LOVE baskets...organizational things...makes me giddy...stems from my job as a paralegal and the fact that I'm a Virgo I think...)
* New dish-wand...now I used to have the $2 kind, but apparently Target doesn't carry those, so I am now the proud owner of the luxury level "oxo" soft handle dish-wand...and I have to say, it's fabulous, I washed up some dishes ASAP when I got home
* In Style magazine NOT to be read immediately, but packed in my hospital bag for the "time off" that I'm about to get

I was gone for TWO hours...all by myself...alone...taking my time wandering the aisles without shoving Kix at Miss Grace and keeping her from reaching around to pull out the treasures contained in the shopping cart.

Heaven, I tell ya.