Saturday, June 04, 2005

You know the saying, "One man's trash..."


What is it that makes it so appealing, if not addicting, to pick through other people's undesirables? Today was our neighborhood garage sale and Papa Duck found this fabulous kitchen set for $25! I woke up, looked across the street and saw that our neighbor had AN ENTIRE TABLE FULL OF BASKETS to be sold. After nearly wetting myself out of sheer joy I had to sit down for a moment.

I have to say that for me, the prospect of not only picking through other people's crap, but rich people's crap is fabulously appealing! Which reminds me of a line from one of my favorite movies of all times, "Better Off Dead." "It's a damn shame when people be throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that!" Anyway, when our lease is up in this place, you'd better bet that we'll be back each June to check out the goods!Posted by Hello