Monday, January 17, 2005

Recipe Call Out

Alright, I've been staying home now for nearly a year. In that time I've learned that I'm not much of a housekeeper and I can't cook. I can however make one mean pillow slipcover if need be. This, however does not feed my growing and increasingly hungry family. Also, I now have a nice, big gourmet kitchen begging to have something other than Macaroni and Cheese cooked in it.

For those of you who know me personally, you know if it doesn't come out of a box, bag or can, it doesn't get made. The other night I thawed out ground turkey for Hamburger Helper (yuck, I know, but at least it's a meal that's not McD's...) and decided that was NOT what I wanted. After living with my MIL for three weeks, I figured I'd better get on the ball. She's like the MacGyver of the kitchen. Give her a bag of pinto beans, a turkey breast and a few apples and she's got a seven course, healthy and delicious meal. Anyway, back to the ground turkey. It's cold here (as I've mentioned a few times) and meatloaf sounded warm and nutritious. So I pulled out my three cookbooks to find a recipe. Turns out, after consulting about five recipes contained in these books that I had the meat, bread crumbs and eggs needed, but lacked onions, random spices (which I contribute to my lack of spice rack...LNT trip needed, I think!) and a variety of other things.

My humble request, is that if you have a fabulous meal that you make and your family loves, please either post the recipe here as a comment or e-mail me at texnprncss73@yahoo.com My family's welfare may just depend on it! Thanks in advance and I'll post about my cooking attempts to keep you updated!

Lots of love-
Mama Duck