Tuesday, March 08, 2005

A Few Bugs for the Day...

Just in the event that you were dying to know about things that bug me...here are a few to ponder.

1. Parents magazine had this great helpful tip for dads on keeping the shower clean...put your bar of soap on a sponge instead of directly on the shower ledge. The soap scum goes on the sponge. Voila! No soap scum on the ledge! Brandon went along with this (because I cut the sponge to fit the ledge, put his soap on it and said he had to). But yesterday I see a new bar of soap on the sponge. Where did the remnants of the old one go? In our house there is a serious belief on Brandon's part that the Soap Fairy wisks away his old used up soap bits, but since I know the Soap Fairy personally and that she hadn't been by, I was curious. There, under the nice yellow sponge and bar of new soap, are the remnants getting soap scum all over the ledge. Defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

I told him I was going to post this to let his mother know what a slob he is but he said, "Go ahead, she already knows." Hmf.

2. Grace throwing potatoes, Cheerios, deli turkey, lasagne noodles and any other number of launchable food items at me during mealtime.

3. Pee on the back of the toilet.

4. Scraping aforementioned food out of grout on the kitchen floor.

5. Poopies rolling out of a diaper because a 16 month old girl I know is kicking her legs and flailing about while I'm trying to get her butt wiped.

6. Hippie Dad at Gymboree...I'll explain him later.

7. Finding my hair on the floor, in the bathmats, on my pillow, on the bathroom counter and on the kitchen sponge. Last pregnancy my hair didn't fall out until three months AFTER giving birth...what the heck is going on this time!?!

8. That it's March and there's still snow on the ground. Hellllo...it's spring...

9. Rude people who don't acknowledge that you've requested something of them and then get irritated when you write back to gently remind them of your original request. Yes, I've read "How to Win Friends and Influence People" and yes, I was really nice in the original request. Someone's thong must be lodged in an uncomfortable, dark place.

10. Boogers. Booger in general, but specifically the ones that just won't come out...blow, pick, dig, whatever your booger removal method, those guys are hanging on for dear life up there.

11. Sock lint that has been ground out of one's dirty toes and into my clean carpeting. Black, white, it doesn't matter. Sock ick is gross.