Thursday, September 15, 2005

Correspondence between Mama and Peanut dated 9-15-2005

Dear Peanut,

Loved your lists below. I've noticed the distinct change in your demeanor in that being placed anywhere other than my arms or the Bjorn is not acceptable. Dually noted with irritation. Also, we will continue to have on-hand your dietary staple that is gas drops.

Another little issue I'd like to address with you is the fact that you don't seem to be sleeping through the night at five months old. I know I set high standards for you and The Duckling, but it's for your own good. Mama is not a night-friendly person and it's in your best interest to sleep through so that Mama may do the same. Getting up three times a night just isn't working for me. Let's see if you can't work on sucking down the remaining three ounces that you habitually leave in your bottle. Nighttime is for sleeping, not eating. The Dairy Bar closes promptly at your bedtime, these late night emergency snacks are just no good for me.

Other than that, I love the new baby straight-jacket Daddy bought for you. While you tend to bust out of it immediately it does keep you warm at night and that's good as we enter fall in the North.

I hear that you are fussing for me already despite the fact that I don't think your morning nap, at 40 minutes, was nearly long enough. What do I know though?

I love you, Peanut.