Saturday, May 07, 2005

Mr. Sandman, bring us a dream...

So I know that Jody can totally relate, but let me tell you about today's sleep schedule for the two little princesses who reside in Mama Duck's castle.

The Duckling (Princess #1) usually takes two naps a day...1.5 hours in the morning and another 1.5 hours in the afternoon...she's like clockwork. And thank God for such as it gives me time to regain my sanity.

Today, Princess #1 has napped a TOTAL of 1.5 hours.

Peanut (Princess #2) sleeps at night, but needs to be coerced by falling asleep in my arms in our bed and then can be transferred to her bassinet. Her daily snoozers are somewhere around 30 minutes each (of which we have maybe three or four throughout the day), although on a few rare occasions she has taken actual naps that have lasted 1-2 hours.

Today, Princess #2 slept for 45 minutes (30 in Mama's bed and 15 on Papa's chest)...total...as in, that's all. I tried to get her to sleep for an hour and a half on our bed...holding her, stroking her cheek, sticking her paci back into her mouth, swaddling her tightly...nothing...nada...then, when I gave up, she looked at me with her big blue eyes and smiled.

She smiled folks...and NO it wasn't gas! She was showing her appreciation for her Mama who tried so hard to get her to sleep. Now if she could just show that appreciation by actually falling asleep...