Thursday, August 11, 2005

I'm gonna get me a cage, that's what I'm gonna do!

The Duckling went to bed last night at 7 PM and woke up at 8:45 this morning. Wow. I'd almost say it was worth it for her to not take a nap during the day for that kind of overnight sleep.

Nah. I still need that midday nap to keep from killing her after she's emptied all of the snack cabinet (and started to open each box of crackeys, cereal and other goodies), sucked on each and every sippy cup lid and brought every toy she owns and placed it on Peanut's playmat.

Being that we rent and there are no knobs on our cabinets, keeping a very nosey toddler out of them is a challenge. The magnetic locks are good, but we'd have to screw them into the cabinets and I think that's a Renter's No-No.

I'm considering purchasing a cage to assist in keeping her confined while I'm feeding Peanut.

Perhaps the local zoo can help me out. Or we could use Lucky's old metal play yard.

mama, who is still optimistic that today might be a better napping day (although it is only 10:15 AM)...give us time, my friends, give us time