Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Me!!! She likes me!!! Mommy, not Daddy! Me!

It happened tonight. She turned on Papa Duck. The daughter that I ruined my perfectly good size 2 body for. The one that I sacrificed style for as I donned maternity wear. The one that I endured morning sickness, labor and cracked nipples for. She liked me tonight.

The Duckling is a total Daddy's Girl. No room for argument there. It's a fact. If you saw her give me the Heisman at her great grandfather's funeral when Papa handed her off to me to do his reading or the complete fit she threw every time I tried to hold her at her Baptism, you'd know what I mean.

Today we bought her a big girl booster seat to eat her meals in.

SHE LOVES IT AND WANTS NOTHING MORE THAN TO SIT IN IT ALLLLLLLLL DAY LONG.

When Daddy finally took her out of the seat screaming and crying after dinner she shunned him.

"Up," she begged of me through her tear streamed cheeks.

I ATE it up!!!! "Oh honey, what did that mean Daddy do to you?"

"Bwwwwwaaaahahahahahah!" a sinister laugh growled from the depths of my soul.

She wouldn't let Daddy hold her, read to her, sit by her, look at her, touch her, put her sandals on, show her his tomato plants...nothing. Daddy was the bastard who ripped her from her true love. The booster seat.

I know that I'll be the Evil Mama tomorrow morning as I pull her from her beloved after breakfast, but I don't care.

For now, I'm her favorite.

Nahnee nahnee boo boo!!!

Mama (The Duckling's Favorite) Duck