Thursday, October 20, 2005

A bit of turbulence

I apologize for being away for so long. As some of you already know we've had a rather unexpected death in our family and my energy is needed elsewhere. Please keep my Aunt R, Uncle P and their children M and K in your thoughts as they mourn their daughter and sister's, respectively, passing.

As such I will be away for a bit but wanted to leave you with what I believe to be the ugliest batch of cupcakes ever made. As I finished these I thought, "I have no freakin' business making The Duckling's birthday cake next month. I shall call in the professionals." Enjoy and remember the acid-trip, suicidal cookies of last winter.

I am not a baker and am vastly inexperienced with the icing writing adn decoration.

My daughter will bring Spinach Lasagne or Beef Stew to her class for her birthdays.

mama