Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I made it with 11.5 months to spare!!!

As promised I am getting the Christmas pictures up before Christmas 2006, therefore I am not late, I have met or exceeded my goal.

The Duckling's sitter had an open house for all of her little monsters before Christmas. Now if I were her, I would think that on a Saturday night after being cooped up in a house ALL WEEK with kids ranging in age from a fwe months to 6-7 years old I would want to go out and get liquored. Not her, she just begs for more.

Here's The Duckling before the party. A casual observer would think that she is angry and trying to choke her doll. A more informed insider would be able to tell you that she is actually smiling and holding her favorite doll, Phoebe, for the picture.
Here's a candid and slightly better smiling picture.


Peanut enjoyed her first Christmas. Mostly she was interested in the paper and plastic wrpping on the gifts. In retrospect we all should have saved our money and just gien her some circular ads from the Sunday paper and Saran Wrap to play with. Hindsight 20/20, yadda, yadda, yadda.

In an attempt to not make Peanut hate me for the rest of my life, I went ahead and chopped off her mullet last week. Cute as the long hair was, it was, in reality...just a mullet. I, of course, saved the hair for her scrapbook. In all about two inches were cut off.
Finally, some sisterly love. The Duckling and Peanut enjoy playing with the Little People park and Zoo...together...sharing...nice, isn't it? Don't you wish your kids got along as famously as mine do?

Alright, alright...they're not ALWAYS this perfect, but admittedly (knock on wood) The Duckling is a pretty good and sharing big sister.

Cheers-
mama