Monday, July 18, 2005

Eat my shorts, Pottery Barn!!!!

If you’ve been reading this site for any amount of time you have certainly gotten a pretty clear picture that I am cheap frugal. I have an allowance (and yes, thank you very much, I do my chores and am a good little girl around the house) and have to stretch it as far as it will go. A lot like a rubber band or my patience by Friday afternoons.

This would not be a problem if I didn’t have such darned good taste. I can go anywhere and know NOTHING about the items I’m looking at and chose the most expensive selection. Windows, screws, drill bits, shoes, you name it. I’m just that good. Sugar Daddy is probably just THRILLED that we’re going to get to build a house together…

Well, over the past 21 months of The Duckling’s life (as well as the three years of Lucky’s life with Papa Duck) our ottoman has come to look like something that has been abused by a greasy-fingered-drooling toddler and a naughty whizzing rabbit. I’ve cleaned it, scrubbed it, you name it, but it looks pretty bad.

So I looked to Pottery Barn for a slipcover to make it look fresh again. Those thieving bastards wanted $250 JUST for the slipcover. Granted it’s a very nice slipcover, but no way.

I couldn’t bring myself to waste that kind of money on denim, thread and piping cord.

So I made one.

It’s not perfect, but for the $20 I spent to make it I’ll take that it’s not a tailored fit. And to those people (who are very nice at the 1-800 line) at Pottery Barn, I say, “Eat my shorts!!!!!”