Tuesday, July 12, 2005

"Big enough for a queen but made for a king..."

Ummmmm, can you put a king-sized comforter on a queen-sized bed without it looking totally moronic?

The down comforter I bought yesterday was a full/queen. I'm not sure how you can make anything to fit both because I've slept on each of them and they're nowhere near the same size. Hence, when I put the comforter on to check it out...not a whole lot of hangover (I think that's the term...you know what I mean, material that hangs over...not puke) on the sides.

Anyway, I think I'm going to exchange it for a king since they're the same price.

Papa Duck has a habit of grabbing a wad of blanket and tucking it between his knees as he sleeps. He doesn't like for his sweaty knees to touch each other. This little oddity prevents me from yanking the amount of blanket I need to keep warm. You can see how this might be a problem. We had a quilt like this before, made for a full/queen, and there was a constant tug-of-war going on in bed.

Thoughts?