Monday, July 11, 2005

Monday on Film: Busy

Well, it's late in the day on Monday. We had a full day and I was feeling energetic and motivated to get some stuff done. Here's what we've been up to.


We started off the day with a walk before it got too hot. It was a great 25 minutes of pure exercise where I could feel the fat on my thighs rubbing together while it was melting away from the physical exertion and outdoor heat.


Peanut was in a really good mood when we came home and smiled and The Duckling and I a lot. I guess it was her way of saying she forgave me for eating all the spices and bad stuff I did this weekend that has given her the worst case of gas I've ever heard. And for the record, I've heard some pretty impressive farts in my time.


After nap time we went swimming in our splashy pool. Alright, we didn't. This picture was from this weekend, but that motherly pride thing that all Mommies have made me post this. Good lord! Look at her! Toooooooo cute in her little duckie swimsuit lounging in the sun with her drinkie-poo. A girl after her mommy's heart.


In the afternoon we had to run to the doctor's to check out some spots on The Duckling's leg. No one told me that they narrowed the left turn lanes down to a single lane. We left the house on time, even with time to spare...but we were still late.

I've come to the sad conclusion that I will have to wait another two years for my king-sized bed. Based on my calculations with our financial obligations (read: building a house) I will be sleeping in my queen for a bit longer. Therefore I felt the need to ease my pain by indulging in a down comforter from Linens and Things this afternoon (reg. $50, sale $30 + 20% off coupon= $24). I also got some wicked awesome thongs (not THAT kind and not the kind you wear on your feet...come to think of it, I think they're spelled "tongs" but I like "thongs" better) for good measure on my Retail Therapy trip.