Monday, July 18, 2005

One silent burrito to go please.

So, I'm wondering how much longer this whole swaddling thing will work.

Peanut's three months old and starting to get a bit strong and able to push her way out of the blanket quite easily. Perhaps duct taping her arms down is the next step? When we leave her hands free she flails about like madman in an imaginary swarm of bees. Not conducive to sleeping at all.

I know a lot of people say, "Oh my baby wouldn't put up with swaddling the minute we left the hospital." Persistence, the right blanket and a tight wrap, my friends. Once they get used to it, it's all they know and they feel all snuggly and drift right off. The nurses up here showed up a great method to wrap and it's been fantastic!

I'm afraid this trick won't work for much longer though.

(sighing and frantically searching for duct tape)