Sunday, July 24, 2005

Weekend Update: Just for the Grandparents

Getting back to our roots for the day, here are scads of photos of my cute, adorable kids for the grandparents to ogle. We've had a busy and fun, yet rather unproductive weekend.

Our weekend started Thursday night since Papa Duck took work off on Friday. Here'e Peanut and me snuggling on the floor. She's such a sweet, well-tempered baby compared to her crabass of an older sister who was just a grump until about four months and even then (and now) she's kind of moody. Wonder where she gets that from, Daddy?

Posted by Picasa
Friday we went to the Dane County Fair to check out the animals. Here are The Duckling and Papa Duck in front of a bovine with a rather unfortunate outlook for the future. I enjoy my filet mignon and chicken sandwiches just as much as the next red-blooded American, but I can't help but cry when I see these big cute cows and their pretty brown eyes and think about how they're gonna get whacked just so I can have my steak and eat it too.

Posted by Picasa
To my cousin D: Say hello to the cute adorable little piggy that your place of employment purchased. I'm assuming there's an employee pig-roast? In the event that you can't see it, these little piggies are named "Duck" and "Chicken."

Posted by Picasa
And the archangels sang! There at the Dane County Fair was Target!!!! These lovely ladies were kind enough to humor me and chat about my Target addiction for awhile. (shhhhhh) They even slipped us a bunch of Target logo goods including binoculars, a calculator and some writing utensils even though we didn't sign up for a Target Red Card (we have a card that feeds all the money I blow at Target directly into the girls' college fund...so really, when I'm shopping at The Big Red Bullseye, I'm funding their tuition, they can thank me later)

Posted by Picasa
Saturday we enjoyed a fabulous meal over at Jennifer's place. Here are her son, Logan, and The Duckling hanging out. This was a photo that had to be shot VERY quickly.

Posted by Picasa
Here are Peanut and Miles chillin' on the floor. LOOK AT HIS THIGHS! I LOVE 'em!! He's such a cutie-pa-tootie!!

Posted by Picasa